Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 5, 2009.....Not Quite There Yet...But So Close!

Alright, so I had had high hopes this week for weighing in. If I lost 3 lbs, then it would put me at the 30 lb weight loss mark. I was going to "fall off the wagon," so to speak, on purpose, and go eat Chinese food. Chinese food is the one thing I miss being on WW. I know that there are healthy options at Chinese restaurants, but if I went, I wouldn't want to be healthy, so it has been best to avoid that temptation :)

However, I wasn't sure how good I would do since I've had good weight losses the past couple of weeks. Plus, I still haven't gotten in my exercise mode...I still haven't recovered completely from being sick. Not that that's really a good excuse, but I did try to go walking one day, and my chest hurt so bad, I barely got home. I had to stop for a few minutes and take a breather.

Okay, so back to the story finally...I got on the scale on Saturday morning, and lost.................1 lb. Not the 3 lbs I needed, but I am happy with 1 lb, since I have all the conditions listed above. I just gotta keep reaching for that 30 lb mark a little longer :)

And as I mentioned up above, my sickness hasn't left me completely. I am still coughing, but not nearly as much, which I am so thankful for. I really don't even have to take cough syrup any more. However, now, my sinuses are acting up. The pollen around here is killing me..ggrrr...I haven't been able to taste anything since Wednesday night. Which makes me very sad, because Thursday I bought some Skinny Cow ice cream that I've never had before (it looks DELICIOUS!!) but I haven't tried it b/c I can't taste it. Every time I open my freezer, it's there, just staring at me...sigh...just today I have started getting my tastes back, not completely, but it gives me hope...LOL. Last night we went to my mom's to eat, and I totally went off points anyway, even though I couldn't really taste it...hehehe. We had fried catfish and fried french fries. Sigh...I could catch a glimpse every now and again of taste, and it was SO good. I don't feel at all guilty for eating it. That's the first time in a little over 2 months that I have had an unhealthy meal. I think I deserve it. However, now even if I lose 2 lbs this week, to bring it up to 30 lbs, I still won't be able to have Chinese cuz Easter Sunday is this weekend, and that is definitely not gonna be a good, healthy day for me LOL. I already admit that freely and fully. I am gonna try not to get too crazy on eating, but I know I am gonna have one or two good desserts. The good thing is, my weigh in day is Saturday and Easter is on Sunday, so I will have almost all week to recuperate and get the weight off. I am still hopeful I am gonna lose 2 lbs this week, even though I ate the fish. I am gonna start walking again, and doing my arm exercises, even if I fall over.

Oh, I received my first issue of the Weight Watchers magazine, and I really like it. It has a LOT of recipes in it. I don't know if I will ever use most of them, but their still nice to have. I wish the magazine would come every month, but its every two months. I will deal with that.

Well, I think my long post today will make up for last week's not so great post. I also have 3 recipes to make up for. I will follow this blog with another one with the three recipes on it.

Starting weight: 233 lbs
Current weight: 205.8 lbs

1 comment:

Connie B said...

Congrats on your weight loss, and you will get to that 30 mark soon enough! Keep digging!!