Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday, April 11th....Are You Sure??

Hi All!! Hope everyone is having a great (and blessed) Easter weekend. I certainly started the weekend off in a good way when I got on the scales this morning, and saw a 4.8 lb loss!! Yep, you are reading that right, 4.8 lbs gone. How this happened, I don't even know. I only walked twice this week, and my little fried catfish supper last Saturday...well, I weighed myself two or three times, and waited a coupe of minutes between each weigh-in, so I am saying that its correct. I was just surprised to see that much of a loss. I was expecting at most 1-2 lbs, and would have been happy with that. I really don't know why I lost so much this week. I am definately at the stage where I should only be losing 1-2 lbs a week, max. We have been on WW now for almost 3 months. Now, I ain't complaining, it just seems unreal to be able to drop that much in a week. I am just gonna except it and move on.

I have another theory on why I lost that much. I think the Good Lord knows I am gonna throw down on some food tomorrow for Easter, and maybe he let me lose alot this week cuz he knows I am gonna gain some of that back next week...hehehe. My mom wanted to have grilled hamburgers for Easter...GRILLED HAMBURGERS!! I was like "Are you kidding me???" Then, I felt bad for whining cuz my mom cooks most of the food for the holidays, so I told her that if she really wanted to do hamburgers, I'd be okay with it. However, she went ahead and decided on REAL food (thank goodness). That means: ham, chicken and dumplings, chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, pecan pie, chocolate pie, cheesecake...sigh...and the list goes on. How am I going to avoid falling into this evil pit of food, you ask?? Well........I'M NOT!! Easter is one of the few days of the years I am gonna eat whatever I want. I am going to try, TRY, to not totally go overboard. I am definately gonna have me a piece of good ole cheesecake though...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yummy!! After we eat, the kids will hunt Easter eggs. All of my nieces and nephews are prolly actually too old to hunt egss, but who really cares? I think think the Easter Egg Police will come to the house and arrest them. I love dying Easter eggs, even though we don't have any kiddos, and my mom dyes some too. The kids like to hunt them and we like to dye them, its a win-win situation. So next week, if I don't gain any weight, I will be extremely happy. It won't bother me not to lose weight, I won't even care too much if I gain a little, but not more than a pound. I am definately gonna have to exercise more next week to help work off that food.

My husband is on his way this week to a 50 lb weight loss. He is gonna weigh in tomorrow morning instead of Monday afternoon. I told him it would be best to weigh in before eating all that food :) If he gets to a 50 lb loss, he said he is gonna enjoy a piece of pecan pie. Somehow I am thinking even if he doesn't lose 50, he will still eat some pie LOL.

So, now with me losing that much, I have lost a total of 32 lbs!! However, I can still not really tell I have lost when I look at myself in the mirror. And I still haven't moved down a pants size. I can fit into the next sized down jeans, which are 16s for me, but they aren't comfy yet. That is kind of disappointing. There is my thoughts on that. I am currently wearing 18s, but I think most of them are 18 stretch jeans. So I might have actually been in a bigger size jeans if they would have been just regular fitted jeans, and not stretch jeans (and no, I don't mean they have stretchy elastic. I'm not that old...yet). However, the day I can comfortably fit into some 16s will be a happy day indeed. I actually think I need to lose about 10 lbs more to fit into them well. I am waiting anxiously for that day :)

I will soon be moving down 2 more pts....gah....I realize its necessary to keep losing the weight, but just the thought of its hard. I know I thought that too, when I went down to my current 26 pts, so I am hoping to adjust just as well with 24 pts. I need to lose 2 more pounds to get to 24 lbs a day. That will put me below 200 lbs!! That will be a great GREAT day indeed. Do you know how long its been since I've been below 200 lbs??? ...................................Well, I don't either but its been a very long time. I would say at least 6-7 years. I got close a couple of years ago when I was taking Adapex (bad me, I know), but I never got there, and of course, after I stopped taking the pills, I gained back all the weight I lost and then some. This time around, I am doing it the healthy, and long lasting way. Sometimes I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that I won't be able to eat all my beloved junk food all the time like I used to, but I know I will be able to resist my trigger foods, and just treat myself occasionally. I am totally okay with that, as long as I will have a decent looking body and a healthy body :)

I wanna give a shout out to my sister, Dana. She is doing LA Weight Loss, and doing fantastic!! She has a blog on here too. Its called "My Weight Loss Story". You can see it under my list of followed blogs, if you wanna check it out. We are actually close to the same size now, so we can look hot together!! Hehehehe. We're gonna have a Prom when we lose all our weight. Its Prom time here, and we've been talking about having a Prom of our own! LOL. Its a nice though anyway. I would love to dress up in a nice skinny, formal dress.

I bought a new cookbook at Wal-Mart. Its not a WW cookbook, but it is a healthy cookbook and it has all the nutritional info with the recipes so I can still figure out my points. It has some good recipes in it, and I'll be trying them out soon. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, I am looking into buying a (or some) workout DVDs for cardio, so if anyone knows some good ones, let me know. I am kind of interested in Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred, but she scares me on The Biggest Loser, LOL, so I am thinkin she will scare me on the DVD too. I have heard some good things about her DVD, but also that she kicks your butt, so if anyone has any thoughts about that one, or any other good one, please let me know. I know there is someone's blog I am following that is doing the 30 Day Shred, so I have been checking her blog to see how she is making out.

Starting Weight: 233 lbs
Current Weight: 201 lbs

BBQ Beef Cups

1 cup diced onion
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1 can diced potatoes, drained
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
16 Pillsbury Biscuits, reduced fat if possible
1 cup Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Cook beef and onion, until beef is browned. Add bbq sauce, potatoes, pepper, and chili powder. Cook until hot. Stir in the cheese and remove from heat. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand and place each biscuit into a well of the muffin tin. Place 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into each biscuit. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.

Pts per serving:3 pt/muffin

** I don't have access to the recipe builder, so I don't know if using regular biscuits would add a point or not. The person I got this from didn't say they used reduced fat biscuits, so I don't know. I went ahead and added a pt just to be safe. So for me, I said 4 pt/muffin, instead of 3.**
** Side note: Be careful when you use bbq sauce. Its not all the same. I had some where 2 tbsp was 110 calories!! I checked a different brand I had and it ws only 40 calories for 2 tbsp, so checking NI on labels is very important!!**

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Well done on the loss! That's awesome. You must be so excited. Im not far from the 30lb loss myself now but although things are looser, I still dont see a change in the mirror either. I'm sure your husband notices the change though :)

Connie B said...

I am currently doing the 30 day shred. It's an awesome workout, well, 3 workouts! She works your butt off for 20-26 mins. I'll tell you, I am gasping for breath, heart beating out of my chest, and calling her crazy, but it's so worth it. Something to think about....some video stores (Netflix included)also have workout videos for rent. Maybe you can find one to rent and try it out before you buy one! Good luck!