Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28, 2008....Goodbye 220's!!

I lost 3 lbs this week. I am happy with that. It just seems like a slow process. I know, I know...it took along time for me to get this weight, so it is going to take a long time to get it off. However, it seems to be taking alot longer to take it off then how long it took me to gain it. It doesn't seem to take much for me to gain weight LOL. However, I will definately take a 3 lb loss. Much better then the 1 lb I gained a couple of weeks ago. I tried the exercises I talked about last week, and some of them killed my leg muscles!! Seriously, I could hardly walk for 2-3 days. I do need to start doing more exercising. Walking won't cut it forever. I should be doing some crunches or something. I don't really have an excuse not to. I would have to go into the bedroom or something, though, and lock the door cuz I don't want Charles watching me. It makes me feel stupid haha.

I can't really notice a different on my appearance yet, and I'm not just saying that to get some pity. I really haven't noticed. That kinda disappoints me. I have lost 14 lbs altogether, so hopefully by the time I have lost about 20 lbs I can tell. I am really looking forward to that 20 lb weight loss mark. If I stay on my current schedule, it should take me about....2-3 more weeks. I can definately handle that.

We went grocery shopping this week, and I didn't spend nearly as much as before!! Go me! I also got a new cookbook, Pure Comfort, by Weight Watchers. It has some pretty good recipes in it that I will be trying out over the next 2 weeks. I also started putting a little money into our savings account, and I do mean a little. I am putting $10 in every time one of us gets paid. It's not much, but I am hoping it will really add up over the months. Eventually I am also hoping to add more than that if we can pay off a couple of credit cards. So, here is a tip for anyone reading: save whatever you can, even if it's just five dollars a month. It's better to have a little in savings, then none at all.

Charles and I finally heard from the DHS worker. We are trying to become foster parents!! It took forever for them to get our background checks back, but they did, and the caseworker is coming to the house next Saturday to do a home visit. She will look around the house and explain the whole process to us a little more and ask us some questions. I am looking forward to it. We want no more than 2 foster children at a time. Our house is pretty small, and I don't want to stuff the house full with no room for anyone to enjoy. After the visit, if everything goes well, we have to go to classes for 9 weeks. That will be not so fun, but it's necessary, so I'll endure it LOL.

Oh, I forgot to add last week that I had to move down to 26 pts a day on my WW plan. Whew...and it has made a difference. I am being extra careful with my points now. I am already dreading it when I have to move down again...well, not dreading cuz that means I would be under 200 lbs when I have to move down again, but it will be an adjustment. Let me add that I hate veggies so it makes it harder for me. I pretty much like white potatoes, green beans, pinto beans, blackeyed peas, purple hull peas, and corn. Sigh..not much to choose from is it? Oh, and I do like sauerkraut. If I liked more veggies it would not be so difficult to stay within my point range. Maybe I should just suck it up and choke them down anyway..hhmm...bears some thought :)

Starting Weight: 233 lbs
Current Weight: 219 lbs

Okay, well, I'll leave off with my recipe for the week. I have to go cook supper. I'm trying a recipe from the new cookbook, Herb Stuffed Potatoes. I'll let you know how it turns out. Remember, the point values I post for things might not always be correct. I get my info from other sources, unless it comes straight from the WW website; if it does, then I'll tell you.

Baked Chimichangas

8 oz. extra lean ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. salsa
1 tsp chili seasoning (you can add more for taste, I think I put about 2-3 tsp)
4 6-inch flour tortillas ( I found some at Walmart that was 0 pts for one; La Tortilla High Fiber something or other...can't remember the exact name...sorry)
You can add other vegetables if so desired...bell pepper, etc.

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large skillet, brown meat and onion.
2. Stir in 1/2 c. salsa and chili seasoning. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon 1/4 c. meat mixture into center of each tortilla. Roll up like a burrito (I had to go online to see how to properly roll them LOL).
3. Bake until the tortilla is brown. Top with the remaining salsa.

Serving size: 2 chimichangas
Points/serving: 6 (could be less if you use the 0-pt tortilla. I don't have a way to check)

1 comment:

Connie B said...

Girl, you better be happy with 3 lbs in one week!!! I only lost 1.3 lbs this week and I'm happy dancin'!!! Congrats on your weight loss, and I wish you luck in your journey!