Sunday, February 1, 2009

Losing Weight...a long road to walk down....

Well, here I am back again. For awhile, I thought about deactivating my account on here. It was another one of those things which I thought was a good idea, but then it got old, like alot of other hobbies I try to pick up :)

But, as Charles and I are trying to lose weight, I thought "Hhmm...why not blog about that?" Course, nobody might read this any more then they have been, but it'll give me somewhere to vent when I want to eat...haha. And actually, this came up because my sister, Dana, is doing LA Weight Loss, and blogging about it as well on here, so I guess it's kind of a motivational thing. Even my mom is cutting back. She isn't saying diet, but cutting back. So maybe somebody will read this that can get something out of it. I am prolly only gonna right about once a week, after I weigh myself. So now for some background info....

Tomorrow will be a week that Charles and I have been changing our eating habits. I won't say "diet" either. All the weight loss people avoid that word, and say instead "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle" so I guess that should be my motto as well. We are trying to follow Weight Watchers. I have never been to any meetings. I'd like to to, but: 1. There is no meetings around here; 2. I couldn't afford it. So, I got the Weight Watchers books from my sister from when she did WW, so we are just trying our best to stick to that. I've tried to do WW before, but I stopped after a few days. It is very hard to stay motivated, as I am sure any body who has tried to lose weight can tell you.

So far, we are doing good. I am gonna start walking this week. It is a pain in the butt to write down what I eat and keep track of points, but I am sticking with it. I am realizing how often I stuffed my face when I didn't really need to. I have been eating less, of course, and I'm not starving. Of course, alot of times I'd like to have more, but I think that is just because I am used to cramming food down my throat. And guess, what? I'm still here...I ain't starving, so I know I CAN do it; it's just a matter of WANTING to do it. I do want to lose weight, it's just alot easier to eat whatever I want. I went to Wal-Mart last week, and all that tempting food. I was strong and walked out of there with no junk food!! That's a big step for me, since I usually get at least one thing, junk food wise, if not more.

And right now, I am semi-excited about losing weight. I have been planning menus and looking up WW recipes (and found lots of good ones). I know it is gonna be a long road, though, cuz I'd like to lose about 80 lbs. Sigh...just lookin at that number can be discouraging, but I have to make myself realize that I let myself get to the weight I am, so it's up to me to get it off. So, I am coming to the end for this week. If anyone has any good tips with WW, let me know. I'll take all the help I can get!! Oh, and I am gonna post my weight on here, which is a huge thing for me. Pretty much the only person besides myself who knows my weight is Charles. I figure, though, if I put it on here, then that will make me more accountable to losing weight...hahaha.

Okay....(breathing deep).......my starting weight is........236 lb, as of Saturday morning. I will be weight again next Saturday, and I'll let you know my (hopefully) progress. I should be weighing tomorrow actually but I kept forgetting to do it until Saturday so that is the weight I am saying is my beginning.

Love you all and hope you have a blessed day!!
Holly

No comments: