Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday, February 14th...What a bummer!

Sigh...so what a crappy day today. I got on the scale, just KNOWING I was going to lose at least a couple of pounds from last week and what do I see?? 227!! What? Are you kidding me?? How the heck did I gain a pound in a week? I have done everything right, didn't cheat, and didn't even use my extra 35 Flex points. I walked everyday this week except Monday (raining), and yesterday (had to get to the bank before it closed). So now I'm just disgusted and disappointed. I really thought I had lost a pound or two this week. Charles was like "Maybe you gained muscle from walking".................yea right. Somehow I doubt I gained a pound of muscle from walking barely a mile a day for 5 days. This has been a bad week for me anyway...I've had to stop myself from overeating a few days, even though I wasn't hungry at all. And we went grocery shopping last night, and spent almost $200 on groceries. Now that is for two weeks, so to some of you it may not seem like alot of money, but it is for me. I am used to spending around $150. Sigh...why does trying to be healthy have to be stinkin expensive??? You would think things would be cheaper so that average people who are trying to be healthy could afford to buy stuff.

But I was so hoping to report that I was going to have to move down to 26 pts a day, instead of the 28 pts I am at now. I really thought I was doing good. I can even almost see my belly button without having to move some fat around...hahahaha. And I tried on a shirt that didn't really fit that well before and I think I am only about 5-7 lbs from being able to wear it and not look like a pathetic fatty that is trying to be sexy.

However, I am not giving up (yet). Charles seems to think I will give up soon, and I have to admit, with it only being my second week and gaining a pound from last week is HIGHLY discouraging, but I will keep on keeping on for now. I mean, I've already bought healthy food for two weeks :) Not to mention I am not a quitter, at least not so easily. Of course, its easy for Charles to say "don't quit...blah blah blah...." cuz he lost another 6 lbs at his weigh in on Monday, and he is on track to do it again this week. So.....I guess I will report in next week with hopefully better news. I am hoping it will be kinda like the Biggest Loser. When they don't have a good weight loss one week, then the next week it is usually better.

Starting Weight:233
Current Weight: 227

Okay, so my recipe of the week is one I just got off of the WW website yesterday. I was gonna do some kind of supper/lunch dish, but with today being Valentine's Day, I figured I'd get in the mood and post a chocolate fudge recipe in case any of you wanna make chocolate for your hunny bunny. It's good chocolate; I've already made some today for the Valentine Banquet we are doing tonight at church, which is done by the youth group that me and Charles are leaders of. Enjoy and see ya next week!!!

Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge

1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 and 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup fat free evaporated milk
2 tbsp reduced calorie margarine, or light butter
12 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
14 large marshmallows

Instructions:

Coat an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray (I didn't have one so I used a cake pan, it makes it a little thinner pieces).

In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, evaporated milk and margarine/butter; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.

Stir in chocolate and marshmallows; remove pan from heat and stir until smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared pan and refridgerate until firm; about 2 hours. Cut into thirty-six 1 1/3-inch squares and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.

Points: 2 pts per one piece

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hi there, Cassie here.

Dont give up! Its a blip. There are so many reasons for the gain and it wasnt that much! Its how you deal with it thats important :) Stay strong!